New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Abraham A.
Starting Member

USA
1 Posts

Posted - December 26 2007 :  2:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have you ever experienced difficulty being a massage therapist based on your sex? If so would you be willing to share that story with me. I am doing a documentary, and may want to include such a story or two. For male therapists, have you lost business simply because your male.? For the woman therapist, do you feel pressure working on men clients who seem to want or expect more than the massage? Thanks for sharing. Abe

nr741x
Starting Member

USA
2 Posts

Posted - January 13 2008 :  12:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am an LMT in Fort Myers FL Licensed as of 2004 , and yes I have experienced lost of business for being a male. I have been told that, "I feel more comfortable being massaged by a women". That comment was told either up front or over the phone. Which is why in November of 2006 I decided to take Aaron Mattes Class. To learn how to apply specific stretching to alleviate chronic pain, which is what most people want when involved in a car accident.
That stereo type may have to do with where you live. I have read if you live in Miami, Tampa, Orlando, or any major city male therapist very seldom run across that situation. Male therapist after finishing should seek to learn applying massage to clients without taking there clothes off, after gaining the trust of the client then offer relaxing massage should the client ask for that service not the other way around. My Opinion.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
MassageOnline.net Forum © 2000-04 Snitz Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000